HIDE YOUR TRACKS ONLINE
You may need to be discreet about visiting this website.
On every page of this website is a 'fast escape to Google' button. Clicking on that takes you straight to the google search website.
If safety is a priority we recommend that it is safest to access this site from a safe place; such as a library, Internet cafe or a friend's house. You are also welcome to come to Women's House and use our free internet cafe.
Closing a web page fast
You can close a web page fast using the following short cuts-
Windows: 'ALT' key and 'F4'
Apple Mac: 'Apple' key and 'W'
Deleting your browsing history
If someone else shares this computer or mobile device with you, they may have access to your web browsing history. That means that they can see that you have accessed this site.
To protect your safety and privacy you should clear Internet browsing history after visiting our site. How you delete the web browsing history depends on which program you are using to access the internet. You would be using one of the following:
- Microsoft Explorer: Please visit the Microsoft help and guideline section here
- Mozilla Firefox: Please visit Firefox's help and guideline section here
- Safari: Please visit Apple's Safari help and guideline section here
- Google Chrome: Please visit the Google Chrome Help section here
- Opera: Please visit the Security and Privacy in Opera page, particularly the advice for shared computers here
Depending on someone's knowledge of technology, it may still be possible for someone to work out which sites you have visited. If safety is a priority and they can track your moves online, contact us via phone instead.
If it is an emergency please call triple zero (000).
Read more about online safety planning.
Or contact us.
We can arrange an interpreter.