| About BRISSC
to support us
The Brisbane Rape and Incest Survivors Support Centre is a support service for women who are affected by sexual violence. We are located in a house in Woolloongabba called Women’s House. Women’s House is a ‘women’s only’ space. This space also houses the offices for the Domestic Violence Support Service, Women’s House – Shelta.
We are a non-government organisation operating with public funds allocated through the Qld Health Department’s Sexual Assault Support and Prevention Program.
Support services offered at BRISSC are free of Charge.
The Brisbane Rape and Incest Survivors Support Centre provides:
- A place where women who have experienced sexual violence can talk with other women in a safe, supportive and confidential environment
- Telephone support, information and resources
- Short –medium term Individual support, by appointment
- Support groups for survivors of sexual violence
- Information on police, medical and court procedures, including support and advocacy throughout reporting and court process
- Community Education about violence against women , facilitated discussion and workshops
- Workplace Training on feminist support work practices
Library, lending resources and internet facilities
- Meeting space for women
- Information and referrals to friends, relatives and supporters of women and children who have experienced sexual violence
- Child minding to support women to access our support services
For more information about BRISSC and the services we provide go to the services page or contact us.